We’re Haven Life.
We’re here to make a real difference in people’s lives. We help them prepare for the big scary things that can happen. That’s not just a real problem, it’s a real need.
We are proud to be a recognized leader in disrupting and transforming the life insurance industry -- offering a much simpler, affordable option for buying term life insurance completely online and in minutes.
Our fast-growing team of people comes from a variety of backgrounds including insurance, fintech startups, software development, public relations, consulting and more. We're not a bunch of industry lifers — we're people committed to transformation and motivated to improve the experience for anyone who needs life insurance.
Our office is based in the Flatiron District of New York City and we are looking for like-minded entrepreneurial individuals with an interest in financial services innovation to join our team.
We are seeking a product individual to join our product organization focused upon internal tools.
You'll be joining a team building new technologies to support operational activities to manage a life insurance policy, including developing launch and post product launch activities. Our team is building technologies from the ground up using Node, Postgres, GitLab, Vagrant and our own isomorphic framework. In collaboration with developers, designers, and other product individuals, you will help craft the underlying technology to support our flagship, Haven Life Term product (havenlife.com).
- 2 years of experience as a product manager working with engineering teams using agile software development process
- Clear and concise written communication with demonstrated ability to summarize large, complex and conflicting data
- Experience with human interaction design, user interaction design, or visual design
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals technologies used in the web and for web application development
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and driven self-starter
- Friendly and collaborative
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience guiding and mentoring others
- Work experience at a startup
- Experience working on or building prototypes
- Prior work experience in fintech
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
What we offer
- An amazing office to work in
- Competitive pay and bonus program
- 4 weeks paid vacation and sick time
- 10 paid company holidays
- Summer Fridays, we head out at 3pm
- 401(k) with company matching up to 5%
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Paid gym membership at a local fitness club
- Free, healthy snacks